Saturday, August 24, 2013

808 Roundup 2 // Evil Needle, HxdB, B.YRSLF

On the second edition of my 808 Roundup posts I included some slower, smoother bass-driven tracks.

------------------------------------------------

The first song I found today was by a producer that I've been sleeping on for the past year or two now: Evil Needle. Evil Needle is a German-born, France-residing producer that makes what could best be described as music within the range of soulful R&B and trap-esque bangers. I say 'within the range' because this guy is super versatile, yet ALWAYS consistent. Almost every track I've found from him I like, if not love.






Be sure to check out his other stuff on his website here.

-------------------------------------------------

Next up is a compilation of mixtapes from Vancouver, B.C. house/bass/techno producer HxdB. Sev's production is super deep and on-point while his mixes are patchwork of originals and homie exclusive previews. I saw him a-grip ago at a club in my college town of Bellingham when he performed with my homie Cedaa / Simon Ho. Having heard his shit, I went on my mobile soundcloud and immediately started harvesting free cuts from his profile. His cuts are perfect for danky clubs and headphone meditations alike.

Here's a fat 4+ hour block of HxdB mixtapes to get acquainted if you aren't already.


-------------------------------------------------

The final entry is from another one of my favorite labels. The ubiquitous, Parisian bass music imprint, B.YRSLF division. I got to say this these guys exposed me to a lot of very talented producers. Last summers 'Summer Crisis' mixtape was on heavy repeat during intra-city bus trips and 6am walks through campus. Now we have Summer Crisis vol. 2. Another set of 20+ free tracks that I'll probably be rinsing a whole lot in the weeks to come. My favorite so far off this release might be "Swift" by Yoin. Bouncey 808s and summery synth stabs is almost always a good recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment